“Not a Word is Heard” Book of Poems Published by Poetrywala, 2010
First poem from the book
“If your desk is blue today
what’s the harm in
the sky wants a resting place there,
bring rain clouds,
shower over and
an idea …
that refused to go to bed
- Dipallé’s first collection of poems – “Not a word is heard” is published and released by Poetrywala publishers, Mumbai 2010.
- Dipallé’s poems have been read at gatherings and conventions like Chauraha, Sahitya Akademi, schools and theatre productions and
- Won prizes at CoHo Mumbai.
- Presently Dipallé is working on a play “Ek Tha Raja – Once upon a Raja” and a novella for young adults.
Workshops & Courses
-OpenSpace by CCDS an NGO (social and community development) in Pune has engaged Dipalle in conducting ‘creative writing workshops’ with a view to generating social sensitivity.
-Dipalle has delivered 2 over subscribed workshops in the past months and is ready to deliver 2 more in the coming months.
-Workshops title “Living the Story” last for 6 days and continue online, focusing on ‘living’ and experiencing parts of the city and its people and creating a fictional narrative based on these facts.
Invitations and Participations:
* Poetry reading at Literary Festival by Vishendevi Youth Media Centre 2003
* Poetry Presentation “W.B Yeats” at Chauraha, NCPA, 2001
* First Prize and Second Prize at CoHo slam Poetry Reading –Mumbai 2002
* First prize at Coho –slam poetry reading Mumbai 2003
* Invited to participate and read at the conference “Poetry for the Youth” by Sahitya Academy, Mumbai 2006
Other Parallel involvement
· Art direction for an education fiction film for farmers for F-20 Communications, Delhi. 2004
· Research Assistant for Equations – Tribal Mining Displacement in 2004 -05n to Chattisgarh and Orrisa.
· Theatre acting, dance direction and art works with
Director Avaan Patel’s “Piano For Sale” written by Meher Pestonji. 2005-07
Completed writing works:
– Research paper published in the International Journal of the arts 2009 – Venice Biennale on “Space and Pedagogy: explorations in painting, poetry and architecture”.
– Compiled and Edited an Anthology of Women’s Poetry “Dancing Feet and Blisters”. (not published)
– Written and Illustrated a Children’s Fable “Lalli & Pankhru” a story around the issues of growth and growing-up for children and adults. To be published in 2012 by Mapin Publishers, Ahmedabad.
– Essay, Several short stories and poems published in newspapers and magazine since 2001, like DNA, Maharashtra Herald, Education Times, Chandrabhaga and literary e-magazine- Muse.